May

Tightwad Tuesday: Tokyo Fro’s Happy Hour

by

I heart sushi. And when I find a good sushi place, I like to shout it from the rooftops. KRU! MIKUNI! I bet they can hear me all the way in Davis…where I love ZEN TORO!  (It’s common knowledge that when you type in all caps it’s yelling, right?)

So what’s the latest sushi spot to which I’ve been referring friends? TOKYO FRO’S! Haven’t heard of it? Well you should check it out, and here’s why: Every weeknight, Tokyo Fro’s offers diners half off sushi rolls and cocktails! And that’s not all – the midtown location, which is situated inside Dream night club on 15th Street, has this happy hour offer from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m., so even workaholics can join the fun! Tokyo Fro’s also has a location in Fair Oaks, which boasts happy hour Monday through Saturday from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.

IMG_5178

Now it’s confession time. Since discovering Tokyo Fro’s happy hour, I have been three times in three weeks. I’ve loved everything I’ve tried, but have to gush about the Fro So Def roll – it’s to-die-for.

According to a fellow PR pro, @Lesley3fold, the asparagus roll is also amazing. If you’ve been to Tokyo Fro’s, please let us know what your favorite menu item is by leaving a comment below!

Share | Tags: · ·

8 Comments so far ↓

• Lesley | May 13, 2009 at 1:27 pm

It’s true… I loved that asparagus plus it’s in season right now. Get it while it’s still perfectly fresh!

Thanks again for the recommendation. :) I’ll be going back to Tokyo Fro’s very soon.

• Jenna | May 13, 2009 at 1:51 pm

This is such a great find! I went a few weeks ago and was shocked that the place wasn’t packed. Half off sushi rolls, people!!! “Fro” actually came and chatted with us, was super nice and asked what we thought about everything. I love it when restaurants make their customers feel valued.

• Kolorowanki | May 14, 2009 at 5:34 am

I’ve been there last week with my husband. So amazing! Food was delicious and the interior looked great. I loved it.

• Brittany | May 21, 2009 at 5:46 pm

On Tuesday I discovered perhaps the best part about this happy hour steal – they let you order and take out! Unlike so many happy hours where the prices are only good if you dine in, you can actually call in your half-off rolls and pick them up! Ahhhh Tokyo Fros.

• Betty LoCascio | May 28, 2009 at 10:57 am

I am getting married in four weeks! Three years ago, my fiance and I went to Tokyo Fro’s in Fair Oaks on our first date! I am SO glad I am marrying a fellow sushi lover and foodie!

• Gry dla dziewczyn | Dec 9, 2009 at 7:13 am

mmmm it’s look delicious! I want try some! great post

• FRO | Jan 9, 2010 at 10:21 pm

WE CLOSED THE MIDTOWN INSIDE THE NIGHT CLUB LOCATION.

HOWEVER WE HAVE BEEN AT FAIR OAKS AND HOWE FOR 8 YEARS.

HAPPY HOUR 4 TO 6 MONDAY thr SATURDAY! (yes, saturday)

SEE YOU ALL THERE….AND THANK YOU FOODIES!

• Matt | Mar 18, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I went to Tokyo Fro’s when I was living in Sac.. i was just getting into sushi but I fell in love with this place. The g-spot roll was amazing! prawn and spicy tuna in tempura batter with jalapeno, cream cheese, and tomato, so good!