A Barrel Full of Wine…and a Giveaway!
Getting back to the daily grind after the holiday season can be difficult, but the fun doesn’t have to end just yet. There’s no better time than now to plan a weekend getaway, which is why we’re excited to tell you about an upcoming wine tasting event happening right in our backyard!
On January 30th and 31st, more than 20 El Dorado wineries will open their cellars for a rare opportunity to taste wines straight from the barrel during their “Bring out the Barrel” weekend – oh, and did we mention we have three 4-packs of tickets to give away?
Wine lovers will have the unique opportunity to talk with local vintners and learn about the winemaking process from vine to barrel to bottle.
Here are a few tips from the El Dorado Winery Association to help you get the most out of your barrel tasting experience:
- Barrel samples taste different than aged wine from a bottle
- Imagine how the wines will soften and become more complex through aging
- Look for “big picture” qualities like fruit flavors, tannins and balance
- Swirl, sniff, sip – and don’t be afraid to spit
- Learn from the winemaker: Ask about wine varietal, barrels, etc.
The event will take place from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. both days and will feature wine tasting, light food pairings and the opportunity to purchase “futures” of limited quantity wines. Visit the El Dorado Winery Association Web site for ticket prices and more information.
Leave a comment here or on our Facebook Fan page with your favorite food and wine pairing. We’ll pick three winners at 3 p.m. on Friday!