Recipe: Indulgent Broccoli Salad
As you may have guessed from my posting history, I don’t cut the fat. Instead, I flock to it. I love mayo and bacon and all things indulgent. But, what I love about this recipe is that I get my way with a serving of broccoli, nuts and raisins mixed in. This recipe is the perfect summer salad for any occasion. Props go to my neighbor, Kasey Spengler, for spreading the love with this salad recipe.
Dressing – if you have time
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup of Mayo
Blend with a mixer or whisk to get a creamy texture, and refrigerate 2-3 hours
Cheat version – my favorite, easy-peasy
- 3 Tbsp Brianna’s Blush Wine Dressing
- 1 to 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Mayo
Blend with a fork or whisk and your good to go!
- ½ red onion
- ½ lb of bacon
- Broccoli crowns, three large heads makes six servings
- 1 cup of nuts, either unsalted cashews or pistachios work well, but whatever sounds good
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Slice ½ red onion into thin slivers, or chop finely, then place in bag with a few shakes of Brianna’s dressing if using the cheat version. This helps take some of the bite out of the onion.
- Cook ½ lb of bacon, drain and cool on paper towel, blotting grease. Once cool, chop in to tiny pieces, eliminating the fatty parts.
- Wash and chop broccoli heads into small pieces. Don’t use stalk, just the heads. Three large heads makes six side servings.
- Add 1 cup of nuts
- Add 1 cup of golden raisins
- Add 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Mix together and serve
- If you’re entertaining, you can prep all the ingredients and bag them separately in Ziplocs and chill in the refrigerator. 30 minutes before serving, mix everything together. This keeps everything crisp and crunchy.