4th of July in Sacramento
SacFoodies has you covered when it comes to all things 4th of July!
Wondering where you should watch fireworks this year? Here are 14 places to go and catch the show this Tuesday and Wednesday:
July 3, 2012:
• El Dorado Hills – Town Center, Family Fun 6-11:30 with fireworks at 9:30
• Rancho Cordova – MINI SHOW, Hagan Park, all day events, fireworks at 9:45, admission is $2, parking is $10
• West Sacramento – Raley Field, fireworks following River Cats game. KIDS EAT FREE.
July 4, 2012
• Auburn – Gold Country Fairgrounds, fireworks at 9:40
• Cal Expo – Gates open at 5:30 for live music, fireworks at 9:30, parking is $10
• Carmichael – La Sierra Community Center opens at 7, fireworks at 9:30
• Davis Community Park – Food and entertainment 3-9:30, fireworks at 9:30
• El Dorado – El Dorado Fairgrounds; gates open at 4, fireworks after races end at approximately 9:30
• Elk Grove – Elk Grove Regional Park, 6-10, fireworks at 9:30, parking is $10
• Grass Valley – Nevada County Fairgrounds, fireworks at 9:30
• Lake Tahoe – South Shore fireworks at 9:45
• Rancho Cordova – Hagan Park, all day events, fireworks at 9:45, admission is $2, parking is $10
• Roseville – Placer County Fairgrounds, gates open at 6:30, fireworks at 9:30
• Woodland – Woodland Pioneer High School, fireworks at 9:30
Looking to hit up a few other events? There is the 54th Annual Elk’s Club 4th of July Parade in Carmichael, the 11th Annual Arden Arcade 4th of July Parade and A Salute to the Red, White and Blue in Elk Grove.
Also, for those of you who are over 21, Old Sacramento is hosting Red, White and Brews on July 3. Happening within the 12 bars in the surrounding two blocks will be live music, DJs, karaoke, drink specials and much fun to be had!
With all the fireworks, parades and partying going on, you didn’t think we would forget about the food, did you? For some Independence Day cookout inspiration, here are some of the SacFoodies’ favorite 4th of July dishes:
• Liz’s favorite dish is “a good old fashioned burger!” Check out these sites for Classic Burger and Gourmet Burger Ideas.
• Jon definitely knows his way around the kitchen and loves to whip up dishes that stand out from the normal BBQ fare. “This Cabernet-Braised Short Ribs over Olive-Potato Pancakes recipe is one of my new favorites and I can’t wait to share it.” **
• Sarah’s favorite dish is potato salad. Be patriotic and try this Red, White and Blue Potato Salad or keep it simple with this Quick & Healthy Baked Potato Salad. *
• Tracy’s sister makes this Éclair Cake that is “super easy and quite refreshing!”
• John loves baked beans, BBQ, burgers and hotdogs. And Dan says, “All that on one bun with mac and cheese!” In the mood for some baked beans? Try this Boston Baked Beans recipe.
• Brooke can’t wait for these California Raisin Black Bean Sliders. ***
• Jake is all about red, white and blue desserts. “While I’ am certainly no baker and couldn’t even attempt this little number– I would so not be opposed to somebody whipping it up for me! Firecracker Cheesecake, yum.”
The SacFoodies wish you a happy and safe 4th of July!
* Recipes courtesy of United States Potato Boar (client)
**Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives (client)
*** Recipe courtesy of California Raisins Marketing Board (client)