10 Things You Don’t Know About…
Any US Weekly fans out there? Yeah, us too. The tabloid’s “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” is one of our faves. We thought it would be fun to do a little riff off that, as a way to get to know the names behind the SacFoodies on a personal level. Some stuff will relate to food, some not. Either way, here we are… and I’m up first!
- I’m one of the original SacFoodies and I’ve never lived in Sacramento. When I joined FH Sacramento 9 years ago I lived in Lodi (cue your favorite CCR song), and then Davis for 6 years. Now, I work remotely from Sonoma County, specifically Windsor. I affectionately refer to my office as FH Sonoma County.
- Family of four. On Sacfoodies we don’t really talk about our family life. Well, I have one, and it’s quite busy! My husband’s a firefighter with CalFire, so my job is to juggle his ever-changing work schedule with mine, plus throw two littles in the mix: Kenley (4) and Warren (1). It’s a good time.
- I hate being cold. Like waaaay more than the average person. Misery.
- My retirement plan includes living in a van down by the river. My husband and I have an ‘86 VW Westfalia camper van. These days we go on camping trips with our family but we dream of selling our home and traveling the country gypsy-style once we retire. We have the van, show me the river!
- Wine is in my blood. My whole family is in the wine industry: my brother is an assistant winemaker for a winery in Napa, my parents are grape growers (Chardonnay!) and I work for FH’s food and wine group. It’s a family affair.
- Beer is in my heart. Don’t get me wrong, I love wine, live in wine country, it’s my world. But I have a special place in my heart for craft beer and beer culture.
- I’m a country girl. I grew up on property in the outskirts of Sonoma Valley – grapes, cows, pigs, horses, rabbits, you name it. I roamed free and built tree forts most of my childhood. Now I raise my children on 2 acres in the country just outside of Windsor.
- Cooking is my getaway. It’s my “me” time. Cooking, baking, meal planning I love it all. Except for grocery shopping, that’s a chore. You gotta draw a line somewhere, I guess.
- My favorite music genre is early ‘90s country. The Judds, George Strait, Brooks & Dunn… I get so happy listening to those artists. Country music is just different these days.
- I can sing every word to several Snoop Dogg songs. And Warren G and Nate Dogg. I might have been into gangsta rap when I was in middle school. Annnd, I still kind of like it.