10 Things You Don’t Know About…
by Kim Bedwell
- I don’t like food with a middle. Yes, one could argue that all food has a middle. But I don’t like the messiness of eating off a bone, cob or stick. If ribs are advertised as “fall off the bone” that works for me.
- I’m really digging the Sacramento-area craft beer scene. Especially in West Sac where I live. Jack Rabbit, Bike Dog, Yolo. So many great new breweries. Support local breweries!
- Chicken Strips and Rice-a-Roni is my go-to comfort food meal. And not just any Rice-a-Roni, it must be Chicken Flavored. Oh, and don’t forget the honey for the Chicken Strips that just barely seeps into the Rice-a-Roni. Must. Have. Now.
- With three little kids, I’m basically a short-order cook. I always said I wasn’t going to be “that mom” but I totally am. Breakfast on any given morning at my house could be scrambled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal and/or waffles. It’s a miracle I make it to work on time.
- Frozen meatballs, Heinz Chili Sauce, grape jelly and a Crock-Pot. You’re welcome.
- I’m pretty sure I’ve seen every episode of “Saturday Night Live.” This is a pretty huge feat considering the show started the year I was born. Don’t ask me to name my favorite cast member. It’s impossible.
- I like magazines…a lot. I’ve actually had to scale back considerably but currently subscribe to nine and often pick up a few at the store as well. And yes, I do read them all.
- Agriculture is in my blood. I worked with many agriculture industries from olives, honey and pistachios to peaches, plums and nectarines. But did you know that I was raised among the lettuce fields of Salinas, Calif. aka the Salad Bowl Capital of the World?
- I make the best Chocolate Chip Cookies. And I have the Monterey County Fair blue ribbons to prove it.
- Ina Garten is my spirit animal.