10 Things You Don’t Know About…
by Maria Kniestedt
- My favorite foods are cheeseburgers and crème brulee. But not necessarily together. Close seconds are potato salad and chocolate-chocolate cake.
- Family is everything! I have huge extended family, and we find just about any excuse to gather or travel together.
- I love to bake. Scones, cookies, breads – you name it. A lot of what I bake, I share on Sacfoodies. The past few years, I’ve been decoding gluten-free baking, which has been…interesting.
- I’d rather read than do just about anything else. Happiness, for me, is scouring bookstores for hard-to-find books and signed first editions.
- If I could live anywhere, it would be on a ranch. Though I do see how this could turn into an “I Love Lucy” meets “Bonanza” situation.
- I’m “Homeland” and “Outlander” obsessed. I could talk Carrie Mathison and Jamie Fraser all day.
- I’m a Zumba instructor. This ensures I can eat more hamburgers and crème brulee.
- What’s on my radio? Country, top 40 and NPR.
- Favorite movies? We’re big on family movie night, which usually means spy thrillers, inspirational sports movies or English period films.
- Favorite quote: “Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.”