These are a few of my favorite (food) things
‘Tis the season for flipping through catalogs and dreaming of some new kitchen gadgets. No one asked for my wish list this year (hint: someone forward this to my husband!) but these are a few things I wouldn’t mind under the tree come Christmas morning.
- Vinturi Champagne Opener. Take the work and fear out of opening a champagne bottle? Yes please! Love this new gadget available at Williams-Sonoma for $34.95.
- Spiralizer. I give in. This has got to be THE gadget of the year and I must.have.one. I’ve heard you don’t have to buy the most expensive one to get good results but curious if anyone has any recommendations? If you’ve got Amazon Prime (if you don’t you should be asking for that for Christmas) this looks like a good option for $18.99.
- Inspiralized Cookbook. If I’m going to get a Spiralizer then I’m going to need inspiration for using it! Just add it to the Amazon basket for $11.99.
- Chef’s Planet Clip & Drain. Why didn’t I think of this? Visit Sur La Table to snatch this perfect stocking stuffer for $13.
- Immersion Blender. I’ve wrote about my love for my favorite kitchen gadget of all time on SacFoodies before and mine is broken. So, please Santa, can you replace it?? Creamy soups without all the mess are missing in my life this season. I’ll make it easy: pick this one up at Target for $59.99.
- Illustrated 2016 Calendar. I’m obsessed with this cute calendar from Food52 for just $24. That’s right, that’s just $2 a month for some fantastic food art.
- Pizza Platter and Plates. One of my favorite all-time gifts I received was a set of pizza plates. We use them ALL THE TIME. Someone on my list this year is getting the cute platter ($24.95) and matching plates ($7.95 each) from Crate & Barrel.
- Poco Dolce Tiles. You guys, these are seriously the best chocolates ever. We received them once as a gift in the office and I about died. My favorite is the Burnt Caramel Toffee but this trio for $60 lets you try more than one flavor. Bucket list: must visit shop in SF soon.
- FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System. I made two quiche a couple weeks ago and one went completely to waste. If only I had a FoodSaver®! Plus, the cinnamon red version is just too cute to pass up and on sale now for $149.99.