By Sidney Burt
Since proclaimed America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital in 2012, Sacramento is making its mark on the culinary map. With local chefs and restaurants regularly populating top 100 lists, the city is bustling with high-caliber food and top-notch talent. And finally, one of the food scenes most sought after events is giving Sacramento the recognition it deserves.
This year, Pebble Beach Food & Wine is hosting a collaboration of ‘Sacramento’s Farm-to-Fork All Stars’. An event that will feature nine of Sacramento’s finest culinary heroes and highlight the beauty of Sacramento cuisine. Tickets are still available and undoubtedly, worth the hefty price, but, if you can’t swing the weekday getaway, no need to feel left out.
Lucky for Sacramento residents, you can venture to one of the featured chefs’ establishments just about any night of the week. No matter what you’re craving, or perhaps you just want to create your own ‘Sacramento Food & Wine’ adventure, don’t wait to visit one of these fine establishments.
- Ramon Perez – Puur Chocolate
- Edward Martinez – Beast & Bounty / Milk Money
- Michael Passmore – Passmore Ranch
- Michael fagnoni – Hawk’s Granite Bay / Hawk’s Provisions & Public House
- Oliver Ridgeway – Camden Spit & Larder / The Other Side Taproom & Restaurant
- Kelly McCown – The Kitchen Restaurant
- Dane Blom – Grange Restaurant & Bar
- Billy Ngo – Kru Restaurant / Fish Face Poke Bar
- Brock McDonald – LowBrau / Block Butcher Bar / Beast & Bounty / Milk Money
Not sure what to order? We put together a list of our favorites from some of the featured restaurants. Try one of our suggestions or order what looks good to you. Either way, the food will not disappoint!
Let us know what you decide to try and what you would recommend to others!
Hawk’s Provisions & Public House
- Fried Chicken on Monday Nights
- Spaghetti with Pork and Rosemary Ragu
- Public House Burger with Waygu Beef
- Crab Sandwich
- Breakfast Carbonara
- Seasonal Breakfast Burger
Grange Restaurant & Bar
- Seasonal preparation of Passmore Ranch Trout
Block Butcher Bar
- Happy Hour Charcuterie Boards
- Craft Cocktails!
- The Sunshine and Firecracker Rolls
- Trio of Sashimi, Sturgion Nigiri w/Crispy Skin & Caviar, Uni Mousse w/Nori Crisp, and Foie Gras w/Orange Gelee & Pickled Mustard Seeds