In our caffeine-fueled, technology-driven, over- scheduled lives, it’s not too often that we women take time out for ourselves. I see so many of my friends running themselves ragged: Up at 5 AM, out the door by 7, drop the kids at school, head to work, play taxi driver to soccer/football/cross-country, only to race home to try and juggle dinner, homework and laundry. If this sounds all-too familiar, you owe it to yourself to register for Mercy’s Annual “Care Begins with Me” event on October 5. There’s so much to see and do (and, in keeping with our blog’s theme, to eat and drink!):
- Health information. Mercy experts will lead informative and interactive chats on health topics important to you and your family.
- Inspiration. Guest speaker (and best-selling author of Heart of the Matter, Something Borrowed and Something Blue) Emily Griffin will inspire you.
- Retail Therapy. Marketplace Expo allows you to explore unique items and vendor boutiques, get a relaxing massage and more.
- Swag! Pick up your stylish swag bag with gifts for you to take home.
- Epicurean delights. And – a SacFoodies favorite – enjoy wine, champagne and hors d’oeuvres, as well as coffee and decadent desserts.
Last year’s event sold out, so grab your favorite girlfriends, your sisters and mom and register for the event at www.carebegingswithme.org The cost is $25 and a share of the proceeds benefits Women’s Empowerment, a local program that educates and provides homeless women with the skills and confidence to get a job, maintain a healthy lifestyle and regain a home for themselves and their children. You’ll also have the chance to win a luxurious spa day for two!
Leave us a comment here or on our Facebook page by Thursday, telling us your favorite way to take care of yourself, and you could win two tickets (worth $25 each) to Mercy’s fun health and lifestyle event. We’ll choose a winner on Friday!