National Amaretto Day
Amaretto is one of my favorite liqueurs because of its sweet almond-flavor. Made from almonds or the pits of apricots, or a combination to the two, Amaretto is Italian for “a little bitter,” and originally made in Saronno, Italy – hence the brand name of the most popular brand Disaronno. It’s delightful to sip on the rocks on its own, or mixed in a variety of ways. So, in honor of National Amaretto Day today (who knew?), I’ve gathered a round-up list of my top five Amaretto cocktails from around the web:
- Classic Amaretto Sour – Amaretto over ice with simple syrup, lemon juice, an orange slice and a cherry. Yum! (Real Simple)
- Amaretto Cranberry Kiss – Amaretto with cranberry juice and vodka. (Epicurious)
- Almond Joy Cocktail – Amaretto with cream of coconut, white creme de cacao, and heavy cream. (AllRecipes.com)
- Disaronno Milk Shake – Amaretto with milk and vanilla ice cream. (Disaronno)
- Italian Sunset – Amaretto with orange juice, club soda, and a splash of grenadine. (Food.com)
Have fun and experiment by adding your own unique twist to any of these recipes, and you’ll be on your way to pleasing any palate.