The Hello Kitty Café truck is an adorable hotspot that attracts hundreds of devoted – and even casual -Sanrio fans. Although this truck only stops at a select number of locations for a limited time, costume-clad visitors flock to these sites with friends in the hopes of finding coveted Hello Kitty treats and merchandise.
I had the pleasure of seeing one of these trucks last year just a few days after graduating college. Since the Hello Kitty Café truck can be quite the frenzy, I thought I would offer my tips for surviving your first trip:
- Arrive early!! I can’t emphasize to you enough how important this is. The lines at Hello Kitty Café trucks can be very long and I would highly recommend arriving early in the morning to reserve the best spots in line and have access to the best merch.
- Bring an umbrella and as much water as you can! Summer days waiting for the your turn at the truck are very hot and, because of this, you’ll need to stay hydrated and in a shady place to make your wait as comfortable as possible – especially if you show up later in the day.
- Bring company! Hello Kitty Café truck is a place of community that invite like-minded people to enjoy the same things you love. Spending time at the Hello Kitty Food Trucks is a great experience to share with people you know and going with company is much more fun than going alone.
- Dress up! I was not aware of this, but many Hello Kitty Café truck visitors dress as beloved Sanrio characters to embrace the spirit of Hello Kitty. I took so many pictures of these people and I wish I had the chance to enjoy myself with friends the way so many others did.
5. Check out this list to find out about the merch and treats that the truck offers, make a list of them. This way, your group can prepare to ask for exactly what they want when your time comes to treat yourself. Research is also important if you want to know where, when, and what time you should expect to see the trucks in your area.
Now that you know how to prepare for fun at the Hello Kitty Café truck, we would love to hear about your experiences! Share pictures and videos in the comments and let us know what the best part of your trip was.