I have always had a sweet tooth and as a new mom, my window of opportunity to sit down and bake something elaborate is no longer a reality. When I found this fun, simple recipe that was a cute riff off of the classic rice krispy bars, I couldn’t wait to give it a shot! As an added bonus, I can’t wait to make this ooey-gooey mess with my son once he is older. Meanwhile, he enjoyed being my little helper as you can see below.
3 Tablespoons butter
1 (10.5-ounce) bag mini marshmallows
1 (12-ounce) box Golden Grahams
1 (12-ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
1. Crush the Golden Grahams. I like to have a good mix of rubble and bigger pieces. It helps if you have a good assistant.
2. Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the marshmallow and cook until they melt completely. You can also do this in the microwave.
3. Mix in the Golden Grahams. Coat completely with the marshmallow. Careful! It gets really sticky here.
4. Pour the mixture into a 9×13 pan coated with cooking spray. You can sprinkle in some of the chips now, but they start to melt. I like my chips to stay whole, so I add them later.
5. I spray a piece of wax paper or parchment with a little cooking spray and press it into the pan.
6. Sprinkle with milk chocolate chips and enjoy!