By: Peter Bittner
Here at SacFoodies, we’re as excited as anyone to begin the holiday weekend. Before it’s upon us, take a look at the exciting events coming up! So many to choose from…
City and County of Sacramento Independence Day Celebration
- July 4 at 5 p.m., Cal Expo, Sacramento
- Free admission, $10 parking, $10 reserved seats for best viewing
- Biggest fireworks show in the area, activities at the Miller Lite Racetrack Grandstand
- More info at calexpo.com.
[Courtesy of SacTown Mag]
Rancho Cordova Fourth of July Celebration
- July 3 from 4 p.m. – 11 p.m.; July 4 from noon – 11 p.m., Hagan Park, Rancho Cordova
- $2 admission, $10 parking
- July 3: Carnival, concert, BMX show, and a fireworks mini-show .
- July 4: 5k race, live music, Kids Zone! activities, and fireworks at 9:45 p.m.
- More info at ranchocordovajuly4th.com.
Fourth on the Field
- July 4 from 6 p.m. -10 p.m., Raley Field, West Sacramento
- $15.85 general admission, $9.95 children under 12
- Raley Field will be lined with food trucks, interactive games, kids area, live music and inflatables.
- More info at raleyfield.com.
55th Annual Folsom Pro Rodeo
- Began July 1 and runs through July 4 from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m., Historic Folsom & the Dan Russell Arena
- $19.50 adults, $15 children under 10 and seniors over 62
- Rodeo fun includes mutton busting, roping events, riding events, motocross acts, rodeo queen and horse drill team performances, live music and delicious food. Fireworks every night at 9:30 p.m.
- More info at folsomrodeo.com.
Red, White & Brews
- July 3, 6 p.m., Old Sacramento, various locations with different closing times
- Select $3 American beer at participating bars
- River Cats post-game fireworks over Raley Field and the Sacramento River
- More info, including a list of participating bars, at oldsacramento.com.
[Courtesy of oldsacramento.com]
Regardless of how you celebrate, please enjoy your holiday responsibly. Let us know your favorite part of the long weekend!