When you’re lucky enough to have Valentine’s Day fall on a Friday, the options are endless where romantic dining is concerned.
Should you stay in and set the mood in the comfort of your own home? Do you go grand and reserve a table at the hottest restaurant in town? What about the single ladies and gents – should you defy cupid and indulge in solo pursuits on the most romantic day of the year?
Can’t decide? Not to worry, the Sac Foodies are here to help. We’ve created a list of must-dos for love-struck couples, happy homebodies and single ladies and lads to help everyone’s V-Day sizzle all night long.
Valentine’s Prix Fixe Offerings in Sacramento (Make reservations on Open Table or by contacting each restaurant quickly before it’s too late)
- The Melting Pot – $75 per person offers five-courses of mouthwatering fondue dishes with a variety of dessert and entrée options. There’s also a Lover’s Lane package for $125 per person, which offers four courses, sparkling wine and an embossed photo frame. See the full menu here.
The Melting Pot
814 15th St., Sacramento, CA 95814
- Cafeteria 15L – $80 per couple includes a champagne toast, an appetizer, an entrée and dessert options for two. Dinner is served from 5 – 11 p.m. See the full menu here.
1116 15th St., Sacramento, CA 95814
- Ella Dining Room and Bar – An Ella Valentine’s meal is an exquisite four-course adventure paired with one bottle of champagne per couple. The cost is $125 per person and the full menu can be found here.
Ella Dining Room and Bar
1131 K St., Sacramento, CA 95814
Creative Ideas for Homebodies (This is what I’ll be doing)
- Netflix subscribers rejoice! Season 2 of the award-winning ‘House of Cards’ premieres on Feb. 14. So tune in, cozy up, and kick off the night with a bottle of red and a home-cooked meal, made with love. Check out these appetizing delights on CookingLight.com for 20 delicious (and healthy!) romantic recipes to set the mood.
- Not in the cooking mood? Here are local hot-spots offering takeout for two.
- P.F. Chang’s – Nothing says takeout, like Chinese takeout! Here’s the full P.F. Chang’s menu to choose from. Call-in your order ahead of time to ensure it arrives quickly.
- Buca di Beppo – Known for their family-style Italian cuisine, Buca di Beppo offers heart-warming, tummy-filling meals to satisfy both you and your love. The best part? They deliver! Check out the full menu here.
- Looking for more delivery options? Look no further than Eat24.com to find any fine dining cuisine in your area that delivers straight to your front door.
- And if you really want to impress that special someone – try this amazingly simple, mood-setting treat guaranteed to wow: chocolate-covered strawberries. Believe it or not, I make these for friends and family at least twice a month because it’s that easy. As in, two-ingredients-one-microwave-and-15-minutes-easy. Here’s my go-to recipe on FoodNetwork.com that never fails.
All the single ladies… Now put your hands up!
- If you’re not marching to the beat of Beyoncé’s ‘Single Ladies’ song, then you’re truly missing out. Let your hair down and have more fun on Valentine’s Night, because you CAN! Consider indulging in these activities with a group of your closest pals.
- Harlow’s Restaurant – All-girl rock band, the Rainbow Girls will be performing at Harlow’s on Feb. 14, so turn Valentine’s Day into Ladies Night and enjoy good tunes, cold drinks and great company at Harlow’s Restaurant & Nightclub.
- Fox & Goose – Enjoy good folk music from Sea Legs and Davis folk rock group, Red Union Blue at local hot-spot Fox & Goose. Event starts at 9p.m. and tickets are $5.
- Shady Lady – Take yourself back to the Roaring Twenties when jazz and blues were all the rage. This Friday at 9 p.m., Shady Lady will bring original blues orchestra and jazz from Sacramento-based musician, Harley White Jr.
- Are you a single homebody? Then I suggest turning Valentine’s Night into a fun friends or family affair. Include a group of friends, your devoted pet, or perhaps your kids or parents and throw in some ice cream, pizza, beer, wine, or all of the above, and pop in your favorite movie for a full family date night!
Tell us, what are your plans for the big day?